service pack 3 v.3264 windows XP

So I had a crazy machine today.

The pc was running like a 1.2 Vauxhall nova (slow) unable to install anything, intel driver assist was not working - just painful!

Then I noticed this on the computer description page!

service pack 3 v.3264 !!!

I had to find out what this was and it turns out to be a beta release of SP3! I decided just to run the SP3 download off the MS site as windows updates were not working, link here

Windows XP SP3 full package

After downloading and installing all was working fine, windows was more responsive, updates worked and I was happy, so I thought I would share!



Buy me a beer :)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brother HL-2240 Toner light stays on after fitting new toner

PS Admin - Dlink printservers 301p+

Unicenta oPOS A4 Template -